Role Play Competition
The Northeast Intercollegiate Sales Competition is a tournament-style competition that includes a role-play first-round, quarterfinals, semifinals, and a final round. Contestants are evaluated on their approach and rapport, needs identification, presentation, handling of objections, closing, and communications skills.
In each round, individual competitors will role-play a 10-minute sales meeting with a fictional company. Representatives from our Corporate Sponsors act as the buyers, prospects of the students’ sales pitch, and judges during the role play. Competitors’ goals range from getting a second appointment to making the sale. However, the focus of the competition is on the demonstration of sales skills rather than the outcome of the call. Five students from each participating college or university are invited to compete.
- 2022 Case Study
- 2022 Sales Guide
- Competition Score Sheet
- Speed Sell Score Sheet
- Judging Instructions
Speed Sell Competition
You are pitching to a company representative why they should hire you to be part of their company. Begin your pitch with an introduction and then list off 2-3 adjectives to describe yourself. From there, you should back up those adjectives with meaningful experiences and examples that demonstrate each quality about yourself. Lastly, end the pitch by giving a call to action — (this can be as simple as asking for an opportunity to interview with the firm).
Prepare and practice a 60-second introductory elevator pitch you will give to 3 different company representatives at the event.
- You will have a practice, mentoring session with sponsors and other students
- You will present your 60-second introductory elevator pitch to the judges
- Judges will then score competitors and Round 2 participants will be announced at NISC
- The pitch DOES NOT have to be tailored to the individual company. All you are doing is pitching yourself
- Set a time so you do not exceed 60 seconds
- Smile and have a good time!
All students registered for NISC are scheduled to participate in the Speed Sell Competition.
Multilingual Speed Sell Competition
This competition will follow the same format as the Speed Sell Competition but performed entirely in Spanish.
Students may indicate their interest in Spanish Speed Sell during their NISC registration process.
Social Media Competition
Participate in the social media competition by following @NISC_Bryant on Twitter and use the hashtag #NISC_Bryant on Twitter, NISC on Facebook or the Bryant Sales Program on LinkedIn.
There are prizes for:
- Best Business Selfie
- Most Popular Tweet
- Best Group Photo
- Best Employer Advice
Awards and Regulations
- Individual roleplay awards are based on an individual competitors performance
- Team awards are based on the combined cumulative scores of the top two teammates from each school
- Individual Speed Sell awards are based on an individual competitors performance.
- We will choose one winner for each category of the Social Media Competition
- We will raffle prizes at the end of the closing ceremonies for all faculty, students, and sponsors who respond to our survey. You must be present to win.
- We will also raffle prizes during different event sessions. You must be present to win.
Six students from each participating college or university are eligible to compete in the Role-Play Competition. All students registered for NISC are expected to participate in the Speed Sell Competition. Students not competing in the Role-Play Competition are encouraged to attend and participate in the exclusive networking event, skill building sessions, leadership building sessions and other activities as attendees. If competition space becomes available, these students will have the first option to change their registration status from “attendee” to “competitor.”
All undergraduate contestants must be considered full-time collegiate students.